The Migraine Challenge
The following is the migraine headache reduction health
- No soda. No coffee. Drink lots of liquid,
either water or all
natural juice. Drink continually, during the entire day, and even
more during hot weather. Drink liquid before going to bed every
night. Drink often during physical activities.
- No fast food. Eat healthy. When eating out, try ethnic foods,
such as Indian and Chinese. Avoid excess animal fat.
- No alcohol. If you smoke or take drugs, try to quit and suffer
through the withdrawals, then monitor progress. Its tough to
control your headaches if other substances are already in
- Avoid over sleeping, especially in hot climates.
- Control your insulin levels through the day with regular
eating habits. This is done easier when you avoid foods high in
sugar, and snack on fruits instead.
- Avoid prescription drugs and strong medicines unless
If you ever feel symptoms of a headache, drink liquid immediately
and if possible, cool down your head with something cold, or air
conditioning. Take ibuprofen or advil, but do not take medicine
containing caffeine if you haven't ingested caffeine already. Don't
take any other drugs. If hungry, snack lightly, do not eat any heavy
foods. Fruit is always a good idea.
Migraine sufferers: Please take this survey
Return to Health Conscience